The clinical aspect of the HYPMED project will be presented in the special EIBIR session “European imaging researchers united in diversity” at the European Congress of Radiology in Vienna/AT.
Work Package 3 leader, Thomas Helbich, will speak about the multicentre clinical trial of the HYPMED MR/PET insert, making it a must for any congress attendee interested in hybrid imaging and European clinical trials.
EIBIR Research Session: European Imaging Researchers United in Diversity
Thursday, March 1, 2018; 16:00 -17:30 Room: L8 (Austria Center Vienna)
Chairperson’s introduction - Gabriel P. Krestin; Rotterdam/NL
- To learn about major EU-funded research projects related to cancer imaging in which EIBIR is a partner.
- To appreciate the impact these projects will have on cancer diagnosis and care.
- To understand the role of the European Institute for Biomedical Imaging Research (EIBIR) in such projects.
Laser and Ultrasound Co-analyser for Thyroid Nodules (LUCA) Project: latest results - Udo Weigel; Barcelona/ES
- To learn about the application of diffuse optics to human tissue
- To understand the technology of LUCA
- To learn about the project’s status and its initial results.
Testing hybrid MR/PET (HYPMED) device for enhanced breast diagnosis in a multicentre clinical trial- Thomas H. Helbich; Vienna/AT
- To learn about a multicentre clinical trial of the project’s hybrid MR/PET insert.
- To understand how the trial will validate the project’s ground-breaking MR/PET technology.
- To appreciate the complexity of undertaking such a multicentre clinical trial at European level.
Smart Optical and Ultrasound Diagnostics of Breast Cancer (SOLUS) Project: aims and objectives - Paola Taroni; Milan/IT
- To understand how the system developed by the project will combine optical methods with ultrasound.
- To appreciate how the technology developed by the project will improve the ability to differentiate between benign and malignant lesions.
EIBIR’s role in imaging research projects - Pamela Zolda; Vienna/AT
- To learn about EIBIR and its services for researchers.
- To understand project management and dissemination activities of European projects.
- To appreciate how EIBIR can support your research project.